With India witnessing its sharpest spike on Friday and the death toll surging past 3500, the country has witnessed a slew of developments.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Friday-
- As the numbers surge across the globe and India- on a more positive note, the number of cured/discharged cases worldwide has now crossed 19 lakh while the number of cases in India has now crossed 48,000.
2. India witnessed its biggest spike of 6,088 new cases in the last 24 hours. The total number of cases now stands at 1,18,447 with the death toll at 3,583, as the data released by the Health Ministry in the morning.
3. India’s COVID-19 recovery rate is gradually increasing and has now improved to about 41%, as per the Health Ministry.
The case fatality rate in the country has reduced from 3.13% to 3.02%.
4. Central Govt revises the advisory on the use of Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) as prophylactic for COVID-19 infection. Government has now expanded it to asymptomatic healthcare and frontline workers deployed in non-COVID and COVID areas.
5. ICC publishes guidelines for the safe resumption of cricket to assist its Members in restarting cricket activity in their countries as govt restrictions owing to COVID-19 start to relax.
Develop an appropriate CV-19 testing plan during training&competition. Develop a process for participants to report CV-19 symptoms&for team doctors to monitor health. If spectators are permitted, consider restrictions&additional safety measures that’ll need to be implemented: ICC https://t.co/E0EpLZdslp
— NewsMobile (@NewsMobileIndia) May 22, 2020
6. Maharashtra records highest spike of 2,940 COVID-19 cases in a single day today, taking the total number of positive cases in the state to 44,582.
7. 1,751 new COVID-19 positive cases, 27 deaths reported in Mumbai today; total positive case rise to 27,068.
8. Government of Haryana issues SOP for hair cutting salons and barber shops and advisory for performing marriage function.
Appointments or token to be adopted to stagger client’s entry at salons/barber shops.
All guests should have downloaded Aarogya Setu App on their mobile.
9. In last 24 hours, 363 new COVID-19 cases reported in Gujarat, taking the state’s tally to 13,273 cases including 5880 cured/discharged and 802 deaths.
10. 267 new COVID-19 cases reported in Rajasthan today; the total number of positive cases in the state now stands at 6,494.
For constant updates on COVID-19, tune in to the LIVE UPDATES with NewsMobile!