Delhi: Amritpal Singh is still on the run even as the massive manhunt by the Punjab Police to nab him entered the sixth day on Thursday.
- Punjab police visited the house of fugitive pro-Khalistan activist at Jallupur Khera village and reportedly questioned his UK-based NRI wife, his mother and other family members.
- According to a preliminary probe, police said Amritpal visited a Gurdwara in Jalandhar district while on the run and escaped on a motorcycle after changing clothes.
- According to CCTV visuals, he was seen escaping in an SUV in Jalandhar on March 18. He is still on the run.
- A day after Punjab Police issued a lookout circular (LOC) and non-bailable warrant (NBW) against ‘Waris Punjab De’ chief Amritpal Singh, the fugitive Khalistani sympathiser, Maharashtra Police said it is on alert over the pro-Khalistani leader.
- Maharashtra Police issued an alert over Amritpal Singh in some districts including Nanded.
- Police said the movement of everyone arriving at and leaving Nanded is being monitored.
- Maharashtra Anti-Terror Squad is also on alert, said State police.
- Addressing a press conference, Inspector General of Police (Headquarters), Punjab Sukhchain Singh Gill said that Amritpal Singh, a Khalistani sympathiser, has not been arrested yet.
- “There are several pictures of Amritpal Singh in different attires. We are releasing all of these pictures. I request you display them so that people can help us to arrest him in this case,” said Punjab Inspector General of Police (IGP) Sukhchain Singh Gill.
- “We are making all efforts to arrest him. We are hopeful that we will arrest him soon…It is difficult to say that. Punjab Police is receiving full cooperation from other states and central agencies. A total of 154 persons have been arrested for disturbing peace and harmony in the state,” the IGP said.