New Delhi: After two days of tussle and standoff between the centre and AAP, the Delhi Budget was presented by finance minister Kailash Gahlot on Wednesday.
- Delhi Government presented ₹78,800 crores budget estimates for the financial year 2023-24.
- During the presentation, Kailash Gahlot pointed out that the theme of Budget 2023 is clean, beautiful, and modern Delhi.
- Gahlot announced the electrification of 57 existing bus depots, the construction of 9 new bus depots, 3 ISBTs, and 2 multi-level bus depots in Delhi.
- Gahlot added, “The network of Delhi Metro doubled between 2015-23. Today the number of buses has increased to 7,379, which is the highest.”
- Talking about G20, Gahlot added, ” The upcoming budget is important for Delhi as we are hosting the G20. So this budget is dedicated to a clean, beautiful, modern Delhi.”
- The Delhi government laid down a 6-point action plan to clean Yamuna and remove all three garbage mountains, terming it the “focus of budget”.
- In collaboration with DMRC, Gahlot added that the Delhi government would construct three unique double-decker flyovers at Bhajanpura to Yamuna Vihar, Azadpur to Rani Jhansi intersections, and from Saket to Pul Prahladpur.
- Gahlot further announced the induction of 1600 new zero-emission electric buses, including 100 feeder buses.
- Talking about Manish Sisodia not being present in the Assembly, Gahlot added that “I would have been happier if Manish Sisodia had presented the budget, he is my elder brother. I am sure the best wishes of children all over the world are with Manish Sisodia.”
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram