New Delhi: Both houses of the parliament adjourned for the day on Tuesday as the opposition raised the Adani issue in Parliament and demanded the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probe into the Hindenburg-Adani report.
- Rajya Sabha was adjourned amid sloganeering by Opposition MPs on the Adani stocks issue.
- Meanwhile, Union minister Piyush Goyal raised in the House the issue of Congress MP Rahul Gandhi’s London speech.
- The decision to raise the Adani stocks issue was taken in the like-minded opposition party leaders meeting. “In a joint strategy, it has been decided to raise the Adani issue and demand a JPC probe for it,” sources were quoted by newswire ANI.
- It is pertinent to mention that the Supreme Court set up an expert committee on the issue arising from the Hindenburg Research report on Adani Group companies. The committee will consist of six members, headed by former apex court judge Justice AM Sapre.
- Sixteen parties participated in the Opposition party leaders’ meeting chaired by Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge in Parliament on Monday.