Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the much-awaited Bengaluru-Mysuru expressway at a public meeting in the Mandya district.
- Prime Minister Modi dedicates the Bengaluru-Mysuru Expressway to the nation. PM Modi described the Bengaluru-Mysuru Expressway as an important connectivity project that will contribute to Karnataka’s growth trajectory.
- The 118-km expressway, built at the cost of ₹8,408 crore, will reduce travel time between Bengaluru and Mysuru from 3.5 hours to around 1.5 hours.
- The project involves six-laning of the Bengaluru-Nidaghatta-Mysuru section of NH-275.
- The expressway will act as a catalyst for socio-economic development in the region.
- The high-speed corridor is built in two separate phases, measuring 61 km between Nidaghatta and Mysore and 58 km between Bengaluru and Nidaghatta.
- The highway has elevated corridors that are 8 km long, 42 small bridges, 64 underpasses, 11 overpasses, four Road-Over-Bridges (ROBs), and five bypasses.
(With inputs from agencies)