New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar on Thursday said that the G20 Foreign Ministers’ meeting reflected the concerns of the global south and came out with an Outcome Document and not a collective statement as there were differences on the Ukraine issue.
- EAM S Jaishankar said that the Chair Summary outlines the concerns of Global South and “it is just two paragraphs that were not able to get everybody on the same page”.
- The outcome document highlights the importance of ‘Strengthening Multilateralism’ and added “The United Nations must be responsive to the entire membership, faithful to its founding purposes and principles of its Charter and adapted to carrying out its mandate.”
- It further added that “a more inclusive and reinvigorated multilateralism and reform aimed at implementing the 2030 agenda is essential.”
- Talking about the impact of the Ukraine-Russia conflict, EAM Jaishankar added “Ofcourse, it is. It is not something new. India has been saying this pretty much for close to a year that it is affecting.”
- Climate Change remained an important aspect of discussion during the G20 meetings.
- The document urged leaders “to tackle climate change by strengthening the full and effective implementation of the Paris Agreement and its temperature goal, reflecting equity and the principle of common but differentiated responsibilities and respective capabilities in light of different national circumstances.”
- India reiterated the country’s commitment to achieve global net zero greenhouse gas emissions/carbon neutrality by or around mid-century, while taking into account the latest scientific developments and different national circumstances.
- Global health and its impact on the world was evident during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The discussion on global health highlighted the importance to collectively institutionalize and operationalize the multi-sectoral actions needed for health emergencies prevention, preparedness, and response.
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram