New Delhi: Nikki Yadav’s live-in partner Sahil Gehlot during interrogation has claimed that his initial plan was to show the murder as a road accident, according to Delhi Police sources quoted by newswire ANI on Monday.
Sahil further claimed that he had decided to push Nikki out of the car. However, the plan could not be executed and he killed Nikki at Nigambodh Ghat.
- Notably, the prime accused in the Nikki Yadav murder case, Sahil’s police remand ends on Monday.
- Delhi’s Dwarka court on Friday granted two-days’ police remand of five of the accused.
- Delhi Police earlier told ANI that the Crime Branch had arrested five persons — Sahil’s father Virendra, Ashish, Naveen, Amar, and Lokesh, in connection with the case.
- According to police sources, Sahil’s father expressed no remorse and had no qualms during the course of the interrogation.
Sahil’s father already has a murder case against him.
- According to police sources, the father knew everything before Nikki Yadav was murdered and he supported Sahil.
- Virendra apparently told the police that they had to get Nikki out of the way by any means, the sources added.
- Among the arrested persons, Naveen — a cousin of the prime accused — is a Delhi Police Constable, who accompanied Sahil in hatching the conspiracy.
- The five persons have been booked under sections 120 B (Criminal Conspiracy), 201 (Causing Disappearance of Evidence of Offence), 202 (knowing or having reason to believe that an offence has been committed), and 212 (harbouring or concealing offender) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
- According to police sources, Naveen was the first person Sahil informed about killing Nikki. After killing Nikki, Sahil reached directly to his dhaba. All the accused were involved in putting the body in the refrigerator in his family dhaba in Mitraon village and started preparations for its whereabouts after marriage.
(With ANI inputs)