New Delhi: Amid the heated discussion in the parliament over the past few days, Prime Minister Narendra Modi joined the ongoing budget session to reply to the Motion of Thanks on President’s address in Lok Sabha on Wednesday.
Here are the key takeaways of the PM Modi’s speech in Lok Sabha:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his address added that “the decade before 2014 will always be remembered as The Lost Decade, but the decade of 2030 is India’s decade..”
- Talking to the nation, PM Modi said “Trust in Modi was not born out of newspaper headlines, not through faces on TV. (I have) given my life, every moment of mine for the people of the country, for the glorious future of the country.”
- PM Modi while speaking about the President’s address said “In her visionary Address, the President guided us and crores of Indians.”
- The Prime Minister further added that “The President has enhanced the pride of the tribal community. Today, after several years of independence, there is a sense of pride in the tribal community and increase in their self-confidence.”
- PM Modi lashed out at opposition and added that “When President’s Address was going on, some people avoided it. A tall leader even insulted the President.”
- He added “When such things were said on TV, the sense of hatred deep within came out. Attempt was made to save oneself after writing a letter later.”
- Talking about India’s recovery from pandemic, PM said “even in this crisis, the manner in which the country has been steadied, the manner in which it has steadied itself has filled the entire nation with confidence and pride.”
- PM Modi added that “Today, there is positivity, hope, trust for India across the world. It is a matter of joy that today India has received the opportunity of G20 Presidency.”
- Taking a jibe at opposition, PM Modi added “There should be self-introspection as to who are the people who are sad about this too.”
- He further added that “In the history of the country’s independence, 2004-2014 was full of scams. Terror attacks took place across the country in those 10 years.”
- He said that “ED has brought all Opposition parties together on one platform, it has done what electorate could not do.”
- He further added that UPA government turned every opportunity into crisis.
- Pointing out Rahul Gandhi’s reference to Harvard University. PM Modi said “Not just Harvard, all big universities of world will conduct studies on Congress’ downfall.”
- PM Modi said that Opposition parties keep contradicting themselves.
- He said “they say India is weakened and then allege India is pressuring other countries.”