New Delhi: President Droupadi Murmu addressed the joint session of both Houses of Parliament ahead of the Budget Session on Tuesday.
In her first address to Parliament, President Droupadi Murmu expressed gratitude to citizens for electing a stable government for two consecutive terms and said that the Prime Minister Narendra Modi government has been identified as decisive.
- At the Joint Sitting, President Murmu said “By 2047, we have to build a nation that will be connected to the pride of the past and which will have all the golden chapters of modernity.”
- She added “We have to build an India that will be ‘aatmanirbhar’ and capable to fulfill its humanitarian duties.”
- Talking about the achievements of new India, President Murmu said “Today, India’s self-confidence is at its highest and the world is looking at her from a different perspective. India is providing solutions to the world.”
- President Murmu further added that “Today, there is a stable, fearless and decisive government in the country that is working towards realising the big dreams.”
- She added that “From abrogating Article 370 in J&K to abolishing Triple Talaq, my government has taken major decisions.”
- President Murmu highlighted the decisive steps taken by the government, which includes “surgical strike to strict action against terrorism, giving befitting response on LoC and LAC, to abrogating Article 370 in J&K and abolishing Triple Talaq.”
- She added that “this government’s identity has been that of a decisive one.”
- Talking about the steps taken by the government to ensure welfare across classes, she said “About 11 crore families have been connected with piped water supply in three years under the Jal Jeevan Mission.”
- She said “Poor families are getting the maximum benefit from this.”
- President further highlighted that “My government has worked for every section of society without any discrimination.”
- President added that “Garibi hatao is not just a slogan anymore. My government is working to have a permanent solution to the problems of the poor and empowering them.”
- She further hailed the schemes of government that reportedly prevented crores of citizens from slipping below the poverty line.
- She added “the efforts of my government in the last few years, many basic facilities have either reached 100% population or are very close to that target.”
- President Murmu highlighted the decisive steps of government towards corruption.
- President Murmu talked about development of villages.
- She said “the ‘Aspirational districts’ program is now being repeated at the block level, for which, 500 blocks have been identified in the country.”
- Highlighting the efforts of government towards woman empowerment, President said “Today, we’re seeing the success of ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’.”
- She said “For the first time in the country, number of women is more than men and the health of women has also improved more than before.”
- Talking about India’s G20 Presidency, President Murmu added “Along with all member states of G20, India aims to find solutions to world problems.”
- She further highlighted the tough stance of government over the issue of terrorism.
- She said “This is the reason why today India’s being heard seriously by the world on the issue of terrorism.”
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram