New Delhi: The government on Friday approved Bharat Biotech’s Covid-19 nasal vaccine, reported news agency ANI.
- It will be used as a heterologous booster in adults.
- The Covid-19 vaccine will now be offered to the adults earlier fully vaccinated with Covaxin or Covishield
- The vaccine will be available first in private hospitals.
- The nasal Covid vaccine will also be included in the Covid-19 vaccination program from today.
- It will be visible on the Cowin application.
- On December 22, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had himself chaired a high-level meeting on Covid-19 status and preparedness as China is grappling with its worst-ever pandemic crisis after dumping its zero-Covid policy earlier this month.