New Delhi: With India formally assuming the Presidency of G20 on Thursday, External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar at an event expressed that the presidency comes at “a very challenging time in world politics and at an inflexion point.”
- He was speaking at the G20 University Connect – Engaging Young Minds event held at Sushma Swaraj Bhawan in the national capital.
- EAM said that this should not be regarded as just one more diplomatic happening but it is a crucial responsibility that is being assumed by India at a very challenging time in world politics.
- He highlighted the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the Ukraine conflict that has added to the miseries of the world population.
- Talking about climate change, black money and terrorism he said “There were longer-term trends like extreme climate whose events are now unfolding with greater frequency and more impact, and, don’t forget the perennial challenges that we have faced – whether it is terrorism or black money,”.
- He claimed that during this time, India will get an opportunity to share its story with the world.
- He further added that “It is also the time we become the voice of the Global South.”
- Jaishankar noted how about 200 meetings of G20 are taking place in multiple locations across the country.
(With Agency Inputs)
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram