New Delhi: Shraddha Walkar murder accused Aaftab Amin Poonawala told a Delhi court that he killed his girlfriend in the “heat of the moment”.
Aaftab was produced before the court via video conferencing in a special hearing. The court extended his police custody to four more days.
- Aaftab was produced before the Saket court after his five-day police custody expired.
- “What happened that happened in heat of the moment,” Aaftab told the court.
- Aaftab also said that he is cooperating in the investigation. He further told the court that he is having difficulty recalling the incident.
- The accused allegedly strangled his live-in partner Shraddha Walker and then chopped the body into 35 pieces in May this year.
- The Delhi Police has also moved a lower court seeking permission to conduct a polygraph test on Poonawala.
- Police had earlier said Poonawala, who confessed to killing his live-in partner and chopping her body into 35 pieces, was giving misleading answers to questions.
- Metropolitan magistrate Aviral Shukla of Saket Court referred the matter to Magistrate Vijayshree Rathore, who granted permission for a narco analysis test on Aftab.
- Delhi Police had earlier submitted in court that Aftab was giving wrong information and misleading the investigation.
- The plea for a polygraph test is the second scientific examination that Delhi police sought to conduct on Aaftab.
- Meanwhile, a Delhi court has ordered Rohini Forensic Science Lab to conduct a narco test of accused Aftab Poonawala within five days.
(With ANI Inputs)