Bali: Amid the ongoing G20 Summit, US President Joe Biden held talks with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping and said that China’s aggressive actions against Taiwan led to peace at risk.
- According to reports, he raised concerns about China’s practices in Xinjiang, Tibet & Hong Kong, and human rights more broadly.
- On Taiwan, he laid out in detail that our one China policy has not changed. The US opposes any unilateral changes to the status quo by either side.
- According to the official statement by the White House, the leaders spoke candidly about their respective priorities and intentions across a range of issues.
- The two leaders agreed to empower key senior officials to maintain communication and deepen constructive efforts on these and other issues.
- The statement added, “He raised U.S. objections to the PRC’s coercive and increasingly aggressive actions toward Taiwan, which undermine peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait.”
- The two leaders further agreed that Secretary of State Blinken will visit China to follow up on their discussions.
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram