Moscow: The External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar and his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov held talks in Moscow on Tuesday to discuss a range of issues.
EAM S Jaishankar arrived in Moscow on Monday evening. Both ministers have met four times after the Ukraine conflict began in February.
- Talking at the joint press conference EAM S Jaishankar said “India & Russia have grappled with how to expand our bilateral trade.”
- He added that “We have substantial and time-tested relations with Russia. We have been trying to find ways to expand this relationship and make it more durable.”
- Talking about India and Russia relationship he said ” Russia has been a steady partner and as I said any objective evaluation of the relationship over many decades would confirm that it has served both countries very well for many decades.”
- He talked about the growing humanitarian concerns in Afghanistan and added that India has been helping the country by supplying food, medicines and other necessities.
- Talking about conflict he said “We exchanged views on international issues. Ukraine conflict was dominant feature.”
- He further emphasized what Prime Minister Modi conveyed to Russian President Putin that this is not an era of war.
- He said “Global economy is simply too interdependent for significant conflict anywhere not to have major consequences elsewhere.”
- EAM added that the discussions were devoted to assessing the state of our bilateral cooperation, exchange in perspectives on the international situation & what that means to our respective interests.
- He said that both countries have solid multi-level communication with leaders from both countries holding talks.
- Talking about the Ukraine conflict he said that “We are now seeing the consequences of the Ukraine conflict.
- He further added,”There are also the more perennial issues of terrorism and climate change, both of which have a disruptive impact on progress and prosperity.”
- Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov added that both countries coordinate actions at international organizations like UNSC.
- He said, “all this is enriching our agenda and I’m confident that today we’re going to have a good conversation about all this.”
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram