New Delhi: The Ministry of External Affairs Spokesperson Arindam Bagchi on Friday said that India has firmly objected to the US Ambassador to Pakistan Donald Blome’s visit to Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir (POK)
- The MEA Spokesperson said, “Our objections to the visit and meetings in PoK by the US envoy have been conveyed to the US side.”.
- He further said that “The death of six prisoners in Pakistan including five fishermen in the last nine months is alarming.”
- He said that “The matter has been raised by our high commission in Islamabad. Pakistan is duty bound to maintain the safety and security of Indian prisoners,”.
- He talked about India abstaining vote at UNHRC on holding a debate over the human rights situation in China’s Xinjiang province and said “India’s vote at UNHRC in line with its long-held position-country-specific resolutions are never helpful.”
- MEA pointed out, “The situation is still not normal. Some positive steps have been taken, but some more need to be taken.”. While talking about the LAC situation.
- While responding to the UK PM home secretary’s remarks about FTA increasing immigration, he said “Migration mobility is a crucial element and there’s understanding about it.
- He further added “ Whenever there is an Indian citizen abroad we strongly encourage legal migration. We’ll expect the UK side to show demonstrable action on it.”
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram