New Delhi: Indian Air Force Fighter jets were scrambled to intercept and shadow an Iranian aircraft after its pilot continued to fly towards China. The flight was asked to land in Jaipur or Chandigarh after inputs of a bomb threat from Lahore Air Traffic Control.
- According to sources of ANI, inputs were received at 9:20 am by Delhi Police about a bomb threat on board a Mahan Air flight headed to Guangzhou in China.
- Following that the plane was not allowed to land in New Delhi and was diverted to Jaipur.
- The pilot of the plane refused to diver, following which IAF Jets were sca+rambled to escort the plane.
- Indian Air Force Su-30MKI fighter jets from Punjab and Jodhpur air bases were scrambled to intercept the plane.
- Sanjay Tomar, Deputy Chief Fire officer said “the aircraft was allowed to continue on its flight towards China after Iranian agencies asked us to disregard the threat,”.
- Mahan Air requested an immediate landing at Delhi airport but Delhi ATC directed it to head to Jaipur Airport.
- The pilots of the Iranian carrier did not do so and eventually left Indian airspace.
- The nature of the bomb threat is still unclear. Meanwhile, the IAF said the Mahan Air flight had exited the Indian airspace.
- IAF in a statement added the details of the event and said that “All actions were taken by IAF as per laid down procedure, jointly with the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) & Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS).”
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram