Moscow: The Russian Defence Ministry on Saturday confirmed that they have pulled out troops and the Donbas militia from the city of Krasny Liman in the Donetsk Oblast amid the emerging threat of encirclement from Ukrainian forces.
According to reports, the statement added that “Due to the emerging threat of encirclement, the allied troops have withdrawn from the settlement of Krasny Liman and deployed to more advantageous positions,”.
Earlier, the Russian military claimed that the Ukrainian forces lost more than 200 soldiers, five tanks, and five infantry fighting vehicles during the attack on Krasny Liman.
According to a report by RT, Despite the losses, the Ukrainian command sent in reserves and reached “considerable superiority in men and materiel” in the direction of the attack.
“The Russian forces in Krasny Liman had been encircled,” a representative of the Ukrainian operational command ‘East’, Sergey Cherevaty said. He also said that the Ukrainian troops seized five settlements near Liman, including the town of Yampol, located southeast, RT reported quoting Ukraine media.
Russian troops and Donbas forces had occupied the city of Krasny Liman in late May this year. The city is located on the DPR’s northern edge not far from Ukraine’s Kharkiv region, which saw its eastern part captured by Ukrainian troops in early September.
(With Agency Inputs)
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram