Chandigarh: Amid a stir after the alleged leak of objectionable videos from the girls’ hostel of Chandigarh University in Punjab’s Mohali, 3 people arrested in the Chandigarh University and sent to 7-day police, their mobiles will be sent for the forensic probe.
Advocate of the accused, Sandeep Sharma claims 2 videos have been found.
the varsity has been shut for students till September 24, the university sources told ANI on Monday.
The decision came in the wake of the massive protests by students who were demanding action against the allegations that objectionable videos of several girls were recorded by a fellow hosteller and shared on social media.
- 3 people arrested in the Chandigarh University and brought to Kharar court in Mohali, all 3 have been sent on 7-day police remand, their mobiles will be sent for the forensic probe.
- According to the Advocate of the accused, Sandeep Sharma, 2 videos have been found, one is of the accused girl & other is of some other girl.
- The 23-year-old accused, a resident of Rohru, has been handed over to the Punjab Police.
- Shimla Police further confirmed that another 31-year-old person has been detained by Punjab Police from Dhalli Police Station.
- DGP Sanjay Kundu, Himachal Pradesh, in a tweet confirmed that the alleged accused was arrested.
- He further added that the state police acted immediately after the request of the Punjab Police.
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jairam Thakur said that he has ordered Shimla Police to cooperate with Punjab Police on the case.
- Students continue their non-violent protest in the campus with slogans and want for justice.
- Pro-Chancellor Dr. R.S.Bawa of Chandigarh University claimed that reports of students committing suicide are false.
- He further added that “preliminary probe reveals that the accused girl had sent her pics/videos to her boyfriend.”
- He urged students and parents not to believe in any rumours floating around social media.
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram