New Delhi: Bollywood actor Jacqueline Fernandez has been issued a summon by Delhi’s Patiala House Court in connection with the ₹200 crore extortion case.
- Patiala House Court has summoned the actress to appear on September 26 in the case linked with conman Sukesh Chandrasekhar.
- The court has further taken cognizance of a supplementary chargesheet filed recently.
- Delhi Police’s Economic Offences Wing has also summoned her to appear in front of the police and join the investigation.
- The lawyer representing Delhi Police said that a summon has been issued for September 12.
- According to reports, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) has linked Jacqueline in the case and named her.
- Earlier, ED alleged that conman Sukesh Chandrasekhar used the money extorted to buy expensive gifts for her.
- ED in April, attached a sum of ₹7.27 crore funds of Jacqueline under Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
- Jacqueline in response said that the funds were from her own legitimate sources of income and were there before she even knew that the main accused existed.
- ED further stated that “Jacqueline in reply also added that in the present case, at best, the allegation against her is that she is the “Recipient of the Gifts”.