Mumbai: Reliance Jio is set to launch the “world’s largest” and “standalone” 5G services across metro cities in the next two months.
- Reliance Chairman Mukesh Ambani while addressing the shareholders at AGM claimed Jio to be the standalone 5G service in India.
- Jio also became the first company to conduct an Annual General Meeting using Metaverse.
- Jio plans to launch the 5G services by Diwali this year in cities including Delhi. Kolkata, Mumbai, and Chennai.
- Mukesh Ambani claimed that Jio is committed to making India a “data-powered economy” and leading them ahead of the US and China.
- According to reports, Jio has committed a sum of ₹2 lakh crores for the efficient rollout of 5G services.
- Jio plans to subsequently expand 5G services to each and every town, tehsils, and talukas across the country by December of 2023.
- Earlier this month, Jio topped in the bidding race of 5G Spectrum auction