New Delhi: President Droupadi Murmu addressed the nation for the first time on the eve of the 75th Independence Day and added how India broke the shackles of colonial rule on 15th August 1947.
Here are the key takeaways:
- President urged the nation to bow down and pay respect to the enormous sacrifices of the people that made it possible for us to live in free India.
- The President said that “India can be credited to have helped the world discover the true potential of democracy”.
- She further added how the country is commemorating the noble ideals that won us freedom.
- She further expressed how the country is taking part in celebrating Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav with the campaign of ‘Har Ghar Tiranga’.
- She thanked the government for marking November 15 as ‘Janajatiya Gaurav Divas’ for celebrating our tribal heroes who aren’t merely local or regional icons but inspire the entire nation.
- With Independence Day, India celebrates Bharatiyata. She further added that India is full of diversity.
- It is this common thread that binds us together & inspires us to walk together with the spirit of ‘Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat’.
- President Droupadi Murmu also lauded the development of the startup ecosystem in the country with the growth of Unicorn companies in the past few years.
- She further talked about the importance of environmental preservation and added “When the environment is facing new challenges, we must remain determined to preserve all that makes India beautiful”.