Noida: A day after ‘Bulldozer Action’ by the Noida administration, the police on Tuesday arrested politician Shrikant Tyagi from Meerut who was taped assaulting and abusing a woman.
The Noida administration on Monday bulldozed the illegal construction at Tyagi’s at Grand Omaxe society in Noida’s Sector 93.
- Surajpur court sent Tyagi to 14-day judicial custody in connection with assaulting & abusing a woman at Grand Omaxe society in Noida.
- Tyagi said the woman whom he assaulted was like his sister and claimed that the incident was political adding that it was done to politically decimate him.
- “I express my regret on the incident. She is like my sister, the incident is political and was done to politically decimate me,” said Tyagi while being taken from the court.
- Noida Police said that Tyagi was using an MLA sticker on his car which was allegedly given by Uttar Pradesh MLC Swami Prasad Maurya who revealed this during police interrogation as the matter is being probed.
- The controversy erupted when a woman objected to the plantation of trees by Shrikant Tyagi in the society, citing violation of rules.
- The residents pointed out the brazenness of the politician, who despite having been caught on camera abusing and pushing a woman, allegedly sent his supporters and threatened the woman and residents at night right in the middle of the housing complex.
- On Sunday night, a mob of Tyagi’s supporters barged into the residential society after which seven of them were arrested and taken for interrogation, said the police.
- Shrikant Tyagi identifies himself as a BJP leader, however, the party distanced itself from him following the incident.
- He was booked under IPC section 354 on Friday over a spat with a co-resident of their housing society in Noida.
- The Commissionerate of Gautam Buddh Nagar (Noida), announced a cash price of Rs 25,000 to the person who helps with the arrest of
- The police had already recovered four luxury vehicles owned by Tyagi.
- Noida Police had said that IPC sections 323 (punishment for voluntarily causing hurt), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace), 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation), 447 (punishment for criminal trespass) have been added to the FIR registered on Friday.