Mumbai: In a dramatic twist to political developments in Maharashtra, Eknath Shinde took oath as the new chief minister and BJP leader Devendra Fadnavis was sworn in as deputy chief minister.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulates Eknath Shinde and Devendra Fadnavis on taking oath as Chief Minister and Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra respectively.
Prime Minister @narendramodi congratulates Eknath Shinde and Devendra Fadnavis on being sworn in as the Chief Minister and Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra respectively. #EknathShinde #Devendra_Fadnavis pic.twitter.com/IAt4vhE2mm
— NewsMobile (@NewsMobileIndia) June 30, 2022
- BJP leader Devendra Fadnavis takes oath as Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
- Eknath Shinde takes oath as Chief Minister of Maharashtra in presence of the Governor and BJP leader Devendra Fadnavis
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah in a tweet said that Devendra Fadnavis has agreed to join the Maharashtra Government.
- According to reports, Devendra Fadnavis will be the next Deputy Chief Minister.
- Rebel Shiv Sena MLA Eknath Shinde will be the Maharashtra Chief Minister.
- Former CM Devendra Fadnavis announced that Shinde will take oath at 7:30 PM
- At present, the BJP has 106 MLAs in the 288-member Maharashtra Assembly and Shinde is leading 39 rebel Shiv Sena legislators and some Independents.
- After the death of a Shiv Sena MLA recently, the current strength of the Assembly is reduced to 287, thus the majority mark is 144.
- The BJP which is the single-largest party in the 288-member Maharashtra Assembly with 106 MLAs, is likely to stake claim to form the government.
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray resigns ahead of the trust vote scheduled on 30th June.
- He further announces his resignation from the MLC post too.
- During the address, he added that “I want to express my gratitude to the people of NCP and Congress that they supported me.”
- He further adds, “I am not going away forever, I will be here, and I will once again sit in Shiv Sena Bhawan. I will gather all my people.”
- Supreme Court gives go-ahead to the floor test in the Maharashtra Assembly tomorrow; says we are not staying tomorrow’s floor test.
- The court further adds Shiv Sena Chief Whip Sunil Prabhu’s plea and says that tomorrow’s floor test will be subject to the outcome of the present petition. Court to hear his plea on July 11th.
- Supreme Court further allows NCP leaders Nawab Malik and Anil Deshmukh to participate in the proceedings of the floor test in the Maharashtra Assembly tomorrow.
- Advocate Neeraj Kaul says that the Rebel MLAs have 39 MLAs out of 55, which is why they are nervous to take the floor test.
- The Shinde-led camp is returning to Mumbai after Maharashtra Governor called a special session in the Assembly on 30th July.
- According to sources of ANI, Rebel MLAs will be staying at a hotel in Goa ahead of the floor test tomorrow in Mumbai.
- Rebel Independent MLA Rajendra Raut said that there is no problem if the BJP comes to power in Maharashtra.
- Meanwhile, Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut called the calling for a floor test as “unlawful”.
- Raut further added that they will move to the Supreme Court against the orders of the Governor.