Jaipur: The horrific murder of a tailor, Kanhaiya Lal, in Udaipur sparked outrage in the entire state. Police confirm links of the main accused with a Pakistan-based group.
- Rajasthan DGP ML Lather confirmed that the main accused had links with a Pakistan-based group called Dawat-e-Islami.
- One of them went to Karachi to meet the group back in 2014. He further added that “We’re considering it (beheading incident) an act of terror.”
- He further confirms the arrest of another man besides the two main accused in the case.
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot confirmed that NIA has taken over the case.
- NIA has filed an FIR under UAPA Act. A four-member NIA team under the supervision of an Inspector General and a Deputy Inspector General (DIG)-rank officers have already taken details of the incident after reaching Udaipur last night.
- Rajasthan DGP ML Lather said that “ASI and SHO have been suspended as they didn’t take the required action to calm down the already polarised situation in the area of the victim before this incident happened “.
- CM Gehlot confirmed in a tweet that “A high-level review meeting was held on the Udaipur incident today. Police officials said that preliminary investigation revealed that the incident was prima facie done for the purpose of spreading terror”.
- Teams of Police, NIA, SIT, FSL and ATS reach the spot in Udaipur where the tailor Kanhaiya Lal was beheaded.
- Union Home Ministry dispatched a team of NIA to Udaipur after the incident on Tuesday.
- The state government constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the matter.
- Internet service is suspended for 24 hours in the state and a ban on gathering for a month in Udaipur.
- Police have detained two accused namely Gaus Mohammed & Riyaz in connection to the Udaipur Beheading incident.
- Manoj Kumar, SP, Udaipur, assured that “The law and order situation is under control. Some people were attempting to come out of the bylanes but were controlled. Curfew imposed in the nearby areas”.
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot confirmed that the two accused have been arrested by police from the Rajsamand district.
- He further ensured that further investigation, in this case, will be done under the Case Officer Scheme, and by ensuring speedy investigation the criminals will be punished severely in the court.
- CM further asks Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Home Minister Amit Shah to address the public and say that such violence will not be tolerated.
- Locals protested after the incident that took place in broad daylight. Shops in Maldas street area of Udaipur have been closed following the incident.
- The killers posted a video of the gruesome murder and further threatened Prime Minister Narendra Modi.