Munich: Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Germany visit is packed with meetings with G7 leaders and partner countries along with discussions on issues ranging from environment, and energy, to counter-terrorism.
PM Modi arrived in Munich on Sunday to attend the G7 summit. PM Modi on Monday met German Chancellor Olaf Scholz at Schloss Elmau in Munich.
- According to the Ministry of External Affairs, PM Narendra Modi suggested the following focus areas for ensuring food security – fertilizers’ availability, a structured system for use of Indian agricultural talent, nutritious alternatives like millets, & natural farming during the conversations with the global leaders.
- PM Modi discussed investment opportunities, efforts to combat climate change, and other important issues with EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen.
- PM Narendra Modi met with Indonesian President Joko Widodo and talked about strengthening the Comprehensive Strategic Partnership between both countries.
— NewsMobile (@NewsMobileIndia) June 27, 2022
- PM Narendra Modi met with US President Joe Biden, French President Emmanuel Macron and Canadian PM Justin Trudeau at the G-7 Summit in Germany.
View this post on Instagram
- Later, PM Modi will hold meetings with the President of South Africa Cyril Ramaphosa and the President of Indonesia Joko Widodo.
- The meetings with SA President, the German Chancellor and the Indonesian President are scheduled at 14:15 PM, 14:40 PM and 15:00 PM respectively. Post the meetings, there will be a working session at 15:30 PM on the topic – “stronger together: Addressing Food Security and Advancing Gender Equality.”
- Afterwards, there will be a meeting of Prime Minister Modi with the President of the European Union Commission Ursula von der Leyen at 17:15 PM and the Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau at 17:50 PM.
- Prime minister Narendra Modi on Sunday met with Argentina President Alberto Fernandez on the sidelines of the G7 Summit in Munich. The two leaders held talks on bilateral relations between the two countries.
- Notably, the multifaceted relations between two countries encompass political, economic, cultural, scientific and technological cooperation. India was ranked as the fourth largest trading partner of Argentina in 2021 worth $5.7 billion.
- Upon his arrival, PM Modi was welcomed by a Bavarian band on his arrival in Munich. On the sidelines of the Summit, PM Modi will hold bilateral meetings with leaders of some of the participating countries.
- After attending the G7 Summit, the Prime Minister will be travelling to United Arab Emirates (UAE) while coming back to India on June 28, 2022, to pay his personal condolences on the passing away of Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the former UAE President and Abu Dhabi Ruler.
- He will also congratulate Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan on his election as the new President of UAE. This will be PM Modi’s first meeting with Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan since his election as the new President of the UAE and the Ruler of Abu Dhabi.