Mumbai: As the clouds of uncertainty hover over the Maharashtra government, Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has called a meeting of the party’s national executive committee on Saturday at 1 pm.
The meeting will be held in Shiv Sena Bhavan which the Chief Minister will join virtually.
- Rebel Shiv Sena leader Eknath Shinde calls a meeting at Radisson Blu Hotel in Guwahati this afternoon to discuss further strategy: Sources
- Notably, the Chief Minister had vacated the official residence of the CM on Wednesday night and moved to his family residence ‘Matoshree’ along with his family.
- Taking to Twitter, Shinde wrote, “You cannot scare us by giving the names of 12 MLAs for disqualification because we are followers of the Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray. We know the law, so we do not pay heed to threats.”
- With 37 MLAs, Eknath Shinde has enough to split the party in the assembly without falling foul of the anti-defection law. His total strength is now 42 with three more MLAs.
- Three more MLAs from Shiv Sena have joined the Eknath Shinde’s camp.
- The strength of Shiv Sena MLAs in the Eknath Shinde camp is expected to cross 50 as more MLAs are likely to reach Guwahati today: Sources to ANI.
- The Shiv Sena faction led by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has filed a petition before the Deputy Speaker of the state assembly seeking the cancellation of membership of 12 rebel MLAs including Eknath Shinde for “not attending” legislative party meeting held on Wednesday.
- Apart from Shinde, Shiv Sena has sought disqualification of Prakash Surve, Tanaji Sawant, Mahesh Shinde, Abdul Sattar, Sandeep Bhumare, Bharat Gogawale, Sanjay Shirsat, Yamini Yadhav, Anil Babar, Balaji Devdas, and Lata Chaudhari.
- CM Uddhav Thackeray leaves his official residence Varsha in Mumbai.