New Delhi: A Gurudwara has been attacked by terrorists in Afghanistan’s capital of Kabul on Saturday morning.
As per local reports, explosions were heard in the Karte Parwan area of Kabul city. Initial reports suggested that Sikh Sangat were believed to be stuck in Gurdwara Karte Parwan.
- External Affairs Minister, S Jaishankar reacted to the attack calling it a ‘cowardly attack’
- “The cowardly attack on Gurudwara Karte Parwan should be condemned in the strongest terms by all. We’ve been closely monitoring developments since the news of the attack was received. Our first & foremost concern is for the welfare of the community,” S Jaishankar said.
- The attack started at 7:15 am Kabul time (8.30 am India time).
- 3 people have come out; 2 of them were sent to the hospital
- Guard of the Gurudwara was shot dead
- 3 Taliban soldiers wounded
- Two attackers cornered by Taliban soldiers
- 7-8 people are still believed to be trapped inside but numbers are not confirmed.
- The explosions hit a busy road near the gurdwara in Kabul’s Police District this morning. The area is a densely populated region and several are feared dead.
- Ahmad, a security guard of Gurdwara Karte Parwan in Kabul, killed in the attack.
- “The sound of explosions was heard in Karte Parwan area of Kabul city. Details about the nature and casualties of this incident are not yet known,” Afghanistan’s Tolo News tweeted.
- Meanwhile, the Ministry of External Affairs is closely monitoring the situation.
- “We are deeply concerned at the reports emanating from Kabul about an attack on a sacred Gurudwara in the city. We are closely monitoring the situation and waiting for further details on the unfolding developments,” the Ministry of External Affairs said.