New Delhi: The central government’s insurance scheme for health workers fighting COVID-19 has been extended for another period of 180 days.
- The government order said that “It has decided to extend the policy so as to continue to provide the safety net to the dependents of health workers who are deputed to take care of Covid patients,”.
- The government of Haryana has mandated the wearing of masks in districts like Gurugram, Faridabad, Sonipat, and Jhajjar.
- Delhi on Monday reported 501 new cases which were less than the previous day’s figures.
- The Centre asks the Kerala government to share the daily covid updates consistently. The Kerala Health Ministry shared the data after a gap of four days on Monday showcasing a spike of more than 90%.
- India reported 2,183 cases on 18th April, out of which 940 cases are from Kerala.
- India Reported 214 deaths on 18th April which includes 213 deaths from Kerala.
- Puducherry reported no new covid-related cases in the last 24 hours.
- Haryana reported 234 fresh covid-related cases in the last 24 hours.
- According to reports, Japan Health Ministry on Tuesday approved Novavax Inc’s covid vaccine to be administered in the country.
- According to PTI, Shanghai reported seven more deaths in the last 24 hours taking the death toll tally to 4,648 across the country.
- Shanghai reported 3,084 new covid cases in the last 24 hours according to China’s National Health Commission on Tuesday.