The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Tuesday released its manifesto or ‘Lok Kalyan Sankalp Patra’ for the upcoming Uttar Pradesh assembly elections.
The manifesto was released by Home Minister Amit Shah in presence of UP CM Yogi Adityanath, Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister Anurag Thakur, UP Dy CM Keshav Prasad Maurya, and BJP state chief Swatantra Dev Singh.
आज लखनऊ में @BJP4UP के ‘लोक कल्याण संकल्प पत्र’ का विमोचन किया।
पिछले 5 साल में @narendramodi जी व @myogiadityanath जी के नेतृत्व में भाजपा की सरकार ने उत्तर प्रदेश में सुशासन व विकास की जो मजबूत नींव रखी है यह संकल्प पत्र उसपर एक भव्य इमारत बनाने का काम करेगा। #भाजपा_का_संकल्प pic.twitter.com/TJfMx61NeG
— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) February 8, 2022
The manifesto initially was scheduled to be launched on February 6; however, the programme was postponed after the demise of legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar earlier that day.
Here are the highlights of the BJP manifesto in Uttar Pradesh
- The first promise of the manifesto is to double the amount of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PMKISAN) scheme for landless farmers. Currently, the PM-Kisan amount is Rs 6,000 annually which is directly transferred to beneficiaries in three installments of Rs 2,000 each. The farmers will also be proved free electricity.
- The party manifesto promises to give a scooty to the female students and working women.
- The women above the age of 60 years will be allowed to travel for free in public transport. The manifesto also promises to launch Pink toilets for women in the state. The pension for old people will be increased to Rs 1,500 per month, promises the manifesto.
- Students will be provided with free tablets and smartphones. Besides, the Major Dhyan Chand Sports Infrastructure Mission will also be launched. Sportspersons will be provided free sports kits under the mission.
- It further talks about the healthcare system promising the hiring of 6,000 doctors and 10,000 paramedic experts. The seats in medical colleges will also be doubled.
- The manifesto also mentions that the BJP government will ensure 10 years punishment and 1 lakh fine for accused of ‘Love Jihad’
- Shah also mentioned during his address that a Lata Mangeshkar performing arts academy will be set up in the state to provide training in cultural arts.
The Uttar Pradesh assembly elections are set to take place in seven phases. The first phase of the elections will take place on February 10.