Prime Minister Narendra Modi will leave for the United States tomorrow morning and return to India on Sept 26. The main elements of the program will be the first in-person meeting with US President Joe Biden, QUAD leaders meet and United Nations General Assembly session, said Foreign Secretary HV Shringla at a press conference.
- PM will be leaving for US tomorrow (Sept 22) morning & return to India on Sept 26. He’ll be accompanied by a high-level delegation including the EAM, NSA. The main elements of the program will be the first in-person meeting with US Pres, QUAD Leaders meet & UNGA.
- PM Modi will participate in the COVID19 Global Summit hosted by US President Biden tomorrow (September 22).
- At their bilateral meeting on Sep 24, PM Modi and US Pres Biden will review India-US relations. They are expected to discuss how to bolster trade&investment ties, strengthen defence & security collaborations, boost clean energy partnerships among others.
- PM Modi- US Pres bilateral meeting will also feature current regional security situation following developments in Afghanistan. Talks will focus on radicalisation, extremism, cross-border terrorism & the dismantling of global terror networks.
- The bilateral engagement includes meeting with US Vice-President Kamala Harris. This will be PM Modi’s first formal interaction with the vice president.
- With regard to India’s permanent membership in UNSC, India’s Amrit Mahotsav on 75 yrs of Independence & UN’s 75th anniversary is being coincided. PM Modi will include matters of UN reform & how can we attain matters of UNSC.