1. India reported 38,949 new COVID-19 cases, 40,026 recoveries, and 542 deaths in the last 24 hours, as per Health Ministry Friday morning update.
2. With the wide prevalence of the Delta variant of COVID-19, Manipur Government announced a total curfew for 10 days, starting from July 18.
3. More than 44 crore samples tested for COVID-19 up to 15th July 2021. Of these, 19,55,910 samples were tested yesterday: ICMR
4. On the vaccination front, 39.53 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered in India so far. Of these, more than 38 lakh doses were given in the last 24 hours.
5. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will interact with Chief Ministers of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Odisha, Maharashtra, Kerala via video conferencing today to discuss the COVID-19 related situation in these states.
6. The World Health Organization (WHO) on Thursday called on China to cooperate in the investigation into the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic, the first cases of which were reported in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2019.
7. The numbers of COVID-19 cases are surging in more than half of US states and territories, with 7-day average of daily new cases up over 65 per cent from the week before, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
8. Turkey on Thursday registered 7,304 new COVID-19 cases, raising the total tally to 5,507,455, said the Turkish Health Ministry.
9. Iran reported on Thursday 23,655 new COVID-19 cases, a new daily record in the past three months, taking the country’s total infections to 3,464,055.
10. The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Brazil has increased by 52,789 to 19,262,518 within the past 24 hours, the national Ministry of Health said late Thursday.