- India reported 41,806 new COVID-19 cases, 39,130 recoveries and 581 deaths in the last 24 hours, as per Union Health Ministry.
2. The recovery rate has increased to 97.28%, active cases constitute 1.39% of total cases, and the weekly positivity rate remains below 5% currently at 2.21%: Health Ministry
3. According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), 43,80,11,958 samples tested for COVID-19 up to 14th July 2021. Of these, 19,43,488 samples were tested yesterday.
4. West Bengal government on Wednesday extended the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions aimed at curbing the spread of infections till July 30.
5. The top five states which have registered maximum cases are Kerala with 15,637 cases, followed by Maharashtra with 8,602 cases, Andhra Pradesh with 2,591 cases, Tamil Nadu with 2,458 cases and Odisha with 2,074 cases.
6. Two Indian cricketers tested COVID-19 positive in the UK. But fortunately, both are doing fine now, news ANI reported.
7. The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Brazil has increased by 57,736 to 19,209,729 within the past 24 hours, the national Ministry of Health said on late Wednesday.
8. Iraq reported on Wednesday 9,635 new COVID-19 cases, the highest daily record since the outbreak of the pandemic, raising the nationwide caseload to 1,457,192, the Iraqi Health Ministry said in a statement.
9. Amid the rapid global spread of the coronavirus Delta variant, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has urged EU citizens to get vaccinated and to adhere to the recommended number of doses.
10. Myanmar reported 7,083 new COVID-19 cases, announces 9-day holiday for pandemic control.
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram