According to the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, 50,040 new COVID-19 cases were recorded in India in the last 24 hours.
Top 10 Developments:
1. India witnessed as many as 57,944 deaths and 57,944 recoveries in the last 24 hours. With the new cases, the cumulative caseload has climbed to 3,02,33,183 including 5,86,403 active cases.
2. As many as 32,17,60,077 doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered so far including 64,25,893 in the last 24 hours.
3. As daily recoveries continue to outnumber the daily new cases the recovery rate is currently at 96.75 per cent.
4. As many as 32,17,60,077 doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered so far in what has been billed the ‘world’s largest vaccination drive’, including 64,25,893 in the last 24 hours.
5. Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a meeting with top officials to review the progress of vaccination and COVID-19 situation in the country and was informed that 3.77 crore doses have been administered in the last six days in the country.
6. After more than two months, the Delhi government has allowed gymnasiums to open with 50 per cent capacity and permitted marriages at banquet halls, marriage halls and hotels with a ceiling of 50 persons from Monday. The decisions were part of the gradual easing of restrictions imposed earlier to contain the surge in COVID-19 cases.
7. Ahead of the opening of Chardham Yatra for the residents of 3 districts of Uttarakhand, on instructions of the Chief Minister, Tirath Singh Rawat, additional doses of COVID-19 vaccines were made available to inoculate the persons related to the yatra.
8. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Assam government on Saturday issued fresh guidelines that will come into effect from June 28.
9. Starting from Saturday, the wearing of masks outdoors is no longer obligatory in Spain in accordance with the government’s decision to cancel the restriction due to the improvement of the epidemiological situation and high vaccination paces.
10. Japan will donate one million COVID-19 vaccine doses each to Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Thailand starting from next Thursday
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram