Noting that India has implemented huge reforms across sectors, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said that the country has been “adaptable and agile” even in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic.
He invited investments on the five pillars of talent, market, capital, eco-system and culture of openness. VivaTech is one of the largest digital and startup events in Europe, held in Paris every year since 2016.
Delivering the keynote address at the 5th edition of VivaTech through video conferencing, he said India offers what innovators and investors need. He said COVID-19 is the “biggest disruption of our age” and there is a need to focus on the twin foundations of “repair and prepare”.
– Digital technology helped us cope, connect, comfort and console. Through digital media we could work, talk with our loved ones and help others.
– India and France have been working closely on a wide range of subjects and among these, technology and digital are emerging areas of cooperation.
– COVID-19 put many of our conventional methods to test. However, it was the innovation that came to the rescue. Innovation before and during the pandemic.
– Where convention fails, innovation can help. This has been seen during the COVID-19 global pandemic, which is the biggest disruption of our age: PM
– The Prime Minister said India’s strides in the world of technology and start-up are well-known and several unicorns have come up in recent years.
– India offers what innovators and investors need: PM Modi
– India implemented huge reforms across sectors, be it mining, space, banking, atomic energy and more. This goes on to show that India as a nation is adaptable and agile, even in the middle of the pandemic: PM Modi
(With ANI inputs)