Telangana, the 29th state of India, celebrates its foundation day on June 2 every year. It was in the year 2014 when the state was carved out of Andhra Pradesh and officially accorded statehood.
Ṭelangana is leading India in terms of research and development of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
On the occasion of the eighth Telangana state formation day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi took to Twitter on Wednesday greeted the people of the state, and said that Telangana is blessed with a unique culture and hardworking people who have excelled in many areas.
“Best wishes to the people of Telangana on the state’s Formation Day. The state is blessed with a unique culture and hardworking people who have excelled in many areas. Praying for the good health and wellbeing of the people of Telangana,” PM Modi tweeted.
Best wishes to the people of Telangana on the state’s Formation Day. The state is blessed with a unique culture and hardworking people who have excelled in many areas. Praying for the good health and well-being of the people of Telangana.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) June 2, 2021
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar hoisted the National Flag on the occasion of the state’s Formation Day at the Pragathi Bhavan.
— Telangana CMO (@TelanganaCMO) June 2, 2021
Here are some interesting facts about India’s youngest state:
1.The state shares its capital with Andhra Pradesh. Hyderabad serves as a joint capital for Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
2. The official languages of the State are Telugu and Urdu.
3. Godavari river that passes through Telangana is often considered sacred and often cited as Ganges of South.
4.The state has 33 districts. However, contrary to popular imagination, it isn’t Hyderabad but Mahboobnagar which is the largest district in the state in terms of area, and Rangareddy which is the largest district by population.
5. The Ameenpur Lake in the state is the nation’s first water body to be declared a Biodiversity Heritage Site.
6. The state boasts of being the birthplace and home to many important personalities who have made important contributions to India. Some of these personalities include PV Narasimha Rao (Former PM), Dr. Zakir Hussain (Former President of India), and badminton champion Saina Nehwal.
7. Known to be an agrarian state, the state is now pioneering efforts to use Artificial Intelligence, machine learning, and other modern technologies.
8. Tennis star Sania Mirza is the brand ambassador of the state.
9. Its exemplary record of communal harmony is a striking feature. The Birla Mandir coexists along with the Mecca Masjid. Hinduism and Islam are the majority religions of the state.
10. The Sammakka-Sarraka festival witnesses one of the world’s largest gathering of people. This festival is in honour of two Hindu Goddesses. It is a tribal festival.