In the pandemic, there has been a lot of emphasis on healthy eating. The government has listed some food items on its mygovindia Twitter handle, which it recommends you consume to boost your natural immunity amid the Covid crisis.
Are you looking for natural ways to boost your immunity?
We’ve got you covered!
Here’s few general measures which you can follow to boost your immunity organically amidst #COVID19. #StayHomeStaySafe#IndiaFightsCorona @MoHFW_INDIA @MIB_India @PIB_India pic.twitter.com/KfKk2pLyeL
— MyGovIndia (@mygovindia) May 6, 2021
What should you eat to boost immunity amid COVID?
Here’s what the government of India says:
- The main focus for COVID patients is to consume foods that would help rebuild muscles, immunity and energy levels.
- Whole grains like ragi, oats and amaranth are advised.
- Good sources of protein such as chicken, fish, eggs, paneer, soy, nuts & seeds recommended.
- Healthy fats like walnuts, almonds, olive oil, mustard oil recommended.
- Regular physical activity (yoga) & breathing exercises advised (pranayam), as per tolerance.
- 5 Servings of coloured fruits and vegetables to get adequate vitamins and minerals recommended.
- Small amounts of dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa to get rid of anxiety.
- Take turmeric milk once a day to boost immunity.
India’s COVID-19 Tally
India on Sunday reported 4,03,738 fresh Covid-19 cases in the last 24 hours, taking the country’s total infection count to 222,96,414.
It reported 4,092 new deaths to take total fatalities to 242,362.
The number of active cases stands at 3,736,648 and 18,317,404 people have recovered since the start of the pandemic, said the health ministry.