As India plans to expand its vaccination drive, by opening vaccine for all above the age of 18 years, all the beneficiaries are excited to get vaccinated against the contentious disease.
As India battles through the second wave of coronavirus, not only large scale vaccination is crucial, but ramping up our testing and tracing is also essential. Even Prime Minister Narendra Modi said in his meeting with the Chief Ministers that the Mantra to win against the raging coronavirus is ‘Testing, Tracing and Treatment’ only.
Now with the help of Google Maps, citizens across the country can easily locate a COVID-19 testing or vaccine center around them. Here’s how-
Steps to check the availability of testing centres nearby :
- Just like Google search, open Google Maps and simply search for “covid test near me.”
- Keywords such as “COVID 19 test” or “covid testing” will also help you to get the results.
- Google Map will gather the information about the verified centres as per the location entered by you.
- The result will appear directly on the map (represented by landmark icons) or through the listicle in the text section.
- Users can find information on referral, private or government, contact, and operational timing and enquire further about the home collection of samples and prices etc by calling the facility.
The COVID-19 test centre-search feature was added in June 2020.
Steps to check vaccination centres nearby:
1.Similarly, Google Maps recently added the feature to allow users to find COVID-19 vaccine centres around them.
2. Just like for testing centres, users will need to search with similar keywords like “COVID 19 vaccination” or “covid vaccination near me.”
3. The result will appear on the map or the listicle. However, to book a slot, the user has to register on the government’s CoWIN website or through the Aarogya Setu app.
4. Apart from this, users can also get themselves vaccinated by directly going to the vaccination centre post 3 pm, as walk-in registrations are also allowed.