Amid the second wave in India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday said that this time we should focus on micro containment zones.
“We must concentrate on micro-containment zones. In places where night curfew has been imposed, I would urge to use the word ‘Corona Curfew’, to continue alertness about coronavirus. It will be better to start curfew timing from 9 pm or 10 pm till 5 am or 6 am,” PM Modi said after his meeting with all chief ministers to take stock of Covid situation.
He added that people became more casual during the second wave of coronavirus that has spread across the country.
Key Takeaways From PM’s Meet With CMs
- COVID-19 tracing and tracking is the way to curb the spread of COVID19 infection: PM Modi
- 11th to 14th April can be observed as ‘Tika (vaccination) Utsav’ for COVID19 vaccination: PM Modi
- We must concentrate on micro-containment zones. In places where night curfew has been imposed, I would urge to use the word ‘Corona Curfew’, to continue alertness about coronavirus: PM Modi
- We need to fight the second surge in cases. Many states including Maharashtra, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh, Punjab have crossed the first wave of the peak in COVID19 cases. This is a serious concern. People have become complacent. In most States administration has also become relaxed: PM
- Focus on increasing testing and attempts must be made to reduce vaccine wastage: PM
- Test, track, treat guiding principle. Vaccination will happen as per criteria followed globally: PM