1. Union Home Minister Amit Shah Monday reviewed the COVID-19 situation in the country in the wake of a spike in cases in a few states.
2. There are four states which have done less than 50% coverage of healthcare workers for the first dose – Nagaland, Punjab, Chandigarh and Puducherry: Manohar Agnani, Additional Secretary, Union Health Ministry
3. A total of 1,14,24,094 vaccinations done by 6 pm Monday. Vaccination for healthcare workers is 75,40,602, including 1st dose to 64,25,060 and second to 11,15,542. Similarly, a total of 38,83,492 frontline workers have been covered with the first dose: Manohar Agnani, Addl Secy, Union Health Ministry
4. Delhi reported 128 new COVID-19 cases, 157 recoveries and one death in the last 24 hours.
5. Gujarat government has set up check posts at borders of Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh to screen people entering the state from these states for COVID-19 symptoms.
6. Maharashtra Cabinet Minister Chhagan Bhujbal tested positive for Covid-19 on Monday, he wrote on Twitter.
7. Kerala registered 2,212 new cases of COVID-19 and 16 fatalities on Monday. A total of 5,037 patients recovered from the infection taking the active caseload to 55,468. The death toll climbed to 4,105.
8. Jharkhand reported 41 new COVID-19 cases, 45 recoveries, and one death in the last 24 hours, as per the State Health Department
9. The number of cases here has increased in the last 4-5 days. I appeal to people to wear masks, sanitise hands and maintain social distance: Dr Mohinder Singh, Deputy Medical Commissioner of Ludhiana, Punjab.
10. 17,500 people fined for not wearing a mask in public places in Mumbai in the last 3 days. The fine for not wearing a mask is Rs 200: Mumbai Police