1. India reported 14,545 new COVID-19 cases, 18,002 discharges, and 163 deaths in the last 24 hours, according to the Union Health Ministry’s data on Friday.
2. The country’s caseload reached 1,06,25,428, including 1,88,688 active cases and 1,02,83,708 recoveries. The death toll due to COVID-19 in the country mounted to 1,53,032.
3. Kerala has the highest number of active coronavirus cases (69,998) in the country and followed by Maharashtra with 46,836 active cases.
4. As many as 10,43,534 people have been vaccinated against coronavirus in India so far.
5. According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), a total of 19,01,48,024 samples tested for COVID-19 up to January 21, of which 8,00,242 samples were tested on Thursday.
6. The Union Health Ministry, on Thursday, informed that the share of active cases in the total positive COVID-19 cases has further shrunk to 1.81 per cent while the recovery rate improved to 96.75 per cent.
7. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will today hold a virtual meeting with the beneficiaries of the coronavirus vaccine along with the vaccinators of his constituency Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
8. India on Friday dispatched consignments of Serum Institute of India’s Covid-19 vaccine Covishield to Myanmar, Seychelles and Mauritius, reports the Hindustan Times.
9. Former All India Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam leader VK Sasikala, who was a close aide of former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister late J Jayalalithaa, tested positive for the coronavirus and was shifted to the Intensive Care Unit ward of Bengaluru’s Victoria Hospital.
10. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will receive the coronavirus vaccine in the second phase of India’s inoculation drive, according to reports. The 70-year-old Bharatiya Janata Party leader is likely to get the first jab in March or April.