1. In yet another grim milestone, the total number of global coronavirus cases has topped the 95 million mark.
2. The deaths have surged to more than 2.02 million, according to the Johns Hopkins University.
3. In its latest update on Monday morning, the University’s Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) revealed that the current global caseload and death toll stood at 95,003,533 and 2,029,938, respectively.
4. The US is the worst-hit country with the world’s highest number of cases and deaths at 23,928,643 and 397,532, respectively, according to the CSSE.
5. India comes in second place in terms of cases at 10,557,985, while the country’s death toll soared to 152,274.
6. The U.K. will step up its mass vaccination program this week as the country shuts its borders to anyone who hasn’t tested negative. German Chancellor Angela Merkel and state leaders appear likely to extend lockdown measures and may impose a curfew in hotspots.