India recorded 15,144 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, according to Union Health Ministry data on Sunday. With this, the nationwide tally has reached 10,557,985.
The number of active cases stands at 2,08,826 while 10,196,885 patients have been cured/discharged from hospitals. The country recorded 181 fresh fatalities, which took the death toll to 1,52,274.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. As many as 1.91 lakh people were inoculated across the country on day 1 of the world’s largest immunisation exercise against the coronavirus.
— Ministry of Health (@MoHFW_INDIA) January 16, 2021
2. Serum Institute of India produced COVISHIELD was supplied to all States/UTs. Bharat Biotech’s COVAXIN was supplied to 12 States. Total 3351 sessions held across the country with both the vaccines: Health Ministry on COVID19 vaccine roll-out
3. COVID19 vaccination temporarily suspended till 18th January in the entire state of Maharashtra due to technical issues with CoWIN App: State Health Department
4. Total vaccinators involved across India were 16,755. Total beneficiaries vaccinated across India-1,65,714: Health Ministry
5. We received success to an extent in our fight against #COVID19, in one yr. Data in last 3-4 months, our recovery & fatality rate indicate that we were gradually heading towards victory against COVID: Union Health Min at video conferencing with Health Ministers of all States & UTs
6. Mumbai reported 571 new #COVID19 cases, 700 recoveries/discharges & 8 deaths on Saturday. Total cases rise to 3,02,223 including 2,83,135 recoveries/discharges and 11,235 deaths. Active cases stand at 6,965
7. Delhi reported 299 new COVID-19 cases, 397 recoveries, and six deaths on Saturday. Total cases reached 6,32,183, including 6,18,754 recoveries, 2691 active cases and 10,738 deaths.
8. No case of post-vaccination hospitalisation reported, says Health Ministry During the nationwide Covid-19 vaccine drive no case of post-vaccination hospitalisation was recorded, Union Health Ministry said during a press briefing.
Since it was the first day of vaccination, a few issues came up- delay in uploading beneficiary list at some session sites and healthcare workers vaccinated though not scheduled for today’s session; Resolutions provided for both the issues: Health Ministry pic.twitter.com/ithk0gLcau
— ANI (@ANI) January 16, 2021
9. The total number of Adverse events following immunisation (AEFI) post-COVID-19 vaccine in Delhi stands at 52 out of which only one is severe, said the Delhi Government on Saturday.
10. Kerala Government has increased the number of people permitted to attend weddings from 50 to 100 for indoor venues and up to 200 for outdoor venues, ANI reported.