As India gets ready for the nationwide COVID-19 vaccination drive, the Centre has shared a list of dos and don’ts with states. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be inaugurating the drive at 10.30 am on Saturday.
The factsheet regarding both the vaccines – Covishield and Covaxin – contains requisite details regarding vaccine rollout, physical specification, dosage, cold chain storage requirements, contraindications and minor AEFIs (Adverse event following immunisation). The document has been shared with all cold chain handlers, program managers and vaccinators as well all program managers, cold chain handlers and vaccinators also.
Dos And Don’ts
- COVID-19 vaccine is only for 18 years and above
- Vaccine administration should be done separated by an interval of 14 days
- Second dose should be of the same vaccine of which the first dose was administered
- Interchanging vaccines will not be allowed
Persons with history of:
Anaphylactic or allergic reaction to a previous dose of Covid-19 vaccine
Immediate or delayed-onset anaphylaxis or allergic reaction to vaccine or injectable therapies, pharmaceutical products, food-items etc.
Pregnancy & lactation:
Pregnant and lactating women have not been part of any Covid-19 vaccine clinical trial so far. Therefore, women who are pregnant or not sure of their pregnancy; and lactating women should not receive Covid-19 vaccine at this time.
In these conditions, Covid vaccination is to be deferred for 4-8 weeks after recovery
- Persons having active symptoms of SARS-CoV-2 infection
- SARS-CoV-2 patients who have been given SARS-CoV-2 monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma
- Acutely unwell and hospitalized (with or without intensive care) patients due to any illness