1. The total number of coronavirus cases across the world has surpassed 88.85 million on Friday, while the deaths have surged to more than 1.89 million, as per Johns Hopkins University.
2. The UK’s regulatory authority on Friday approved a third Covid-19 vaccine for use in the country, made by the company Moderna.
3. France’s health authorities on Friday registered another 19,814 COVID-19 cases, down from Thursday’s 21,703 but well above the government’s target of 5,000 daily cases to ease restrictions.
4. The UK reported highest ever 68,000 new cases and 1,300 new deaths.
5. The United States has set a new daily record for new coronavirus cases, with 290,000 cases reported in 24 hours, according to the Johns Hopkins global tally. Some 3,676 people in the US died with the virus in the same period.
6. India reports 18,222 new COVID-19 cases, 19,253 discharges, and 228 deaths in the last 24 hours, as per the Union Health Ministry. The total confirmed cases in the country climbed to 1,04,31,639.
7. Mexico has reported 14,362 new confirmed cases of coronavirus and 1,038 deaths.
8. Mainland China reported 33 new cases of Covid-19 on Friday, down from 53 on Thursday.
9. Vaccines produced by the US and UK will be banned from entering Iran, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said, even though his country has suffered the worst virus outbreak in the Middle East, The Guardian reported.
10. Spain reported 25,456 fresh coronavirus cases to its tally on Friday in the biggest one-day jump since October.
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram