1. At 4 PM on 11th January, PM Narendra Modi will interact with Chief Ministers of all states via video conferencing. They will discuss the COVID-19 situation and the vaccination rollout.
2. Addressing a press conference in Chennai on Friday, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said the vaccines will be given to the citizens very soon.
3. As flights from the UK resumed after a two-week ban on Friday, Delhi government announced that passengers from the country will have to spend 7 days at institutional quarantine centres, even if they test negative for COVID-19 after arrival in the city.
4. West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday announced to allow full occupancy in cinema halls in the state.
5. Delhi reported 444 COVID-19 cases, 823 recoveries and 10 deaths on Friday. Total cases surged to 6,29,282, including 6,14,849 total recoveries, 10,654 deaths and 3779 active cases.
6. Maharashtra reported 3693 new COVID-19 cases, 2890 discharges and 73 deaths on Friday. Total cases 19,61,975; total recoveries 18,58,999; death toll 49,970; active cases 51,838.
7. Uttarakhand reported 269 new COVID-19 cases, 390 recoveries and 7 deaths on Friday. Total cases 93,111; 87,127 total recoveries; 1562 death toll; 3179 active cases.
8. Rajasthan reported 471 new COVID-19 cases and 537 recoveries on Friday. Total cases climbed to 3,12,091. Total recoveries 3,01,962; death toll 2727; 7402 active cases.
9. Andhra Pradesh reported 319 new COVID-19 cases and one death on Friday. According to the media bulletin by Andhra Pradesh COVID nodal officer, the total count of cases in the state has gone up to 8,84,490.
10. In view of COVID-19 pandemic, Taj Mahotsav will not be organised in Agra this year, said Dr Prabha Kant Awasthi, ADM, Agra (City) on Friday.