1. India’s drug regulator Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) on Sunday approved Serum Institut of India’s (SII) ‘Covishield’ and Bharat Biotech’s ‘Covaxin’ COVID-19 vaccines for restricted emergency use.
2. The DCGI also gave licensing permission to Bharat Biotech to manufacture COVAXIN. Bharat Biotech asked to submit updated safety, efficacy & immunogenicity data from the ongoing Phase I, II & Ill clinical trials till the completion of trials.
3. New virus variant which is now more than 60% infective & creating havoc in the UK is worrisome. There are 29 patients in India with the same variant for which we should be cautious. We have been able to isolate the new virus very soon: Dr. Balram Bhargava, DG ICMR
4. All Educational institutions will reopen in Bihar from today adhering to COVID-specific guidelines. Schools from Class 9th onwards, colleges and coaching institutes are permitted to allow only 50 per cent of students.
5. Delhi reported 424 new COVID-19 cases, 708 recoveries and 14 deaths on Sunday, as per Delhi Health Department. The total cases have now climbed to 6,26,872, including 6,11,243 recoveries, 5,044 active cases and 10,585 deaths.
6. Andhra Pradesh reported 232 new COVID-19 cases, 352 recoveries and four deaths on Sunday, taking the total number of cases to 8,83,082 as per the State Health Department. Recovered cases: 8,72,897; active cases: 3,070; total deaths: 7,115.
7. Himachal Pradesh reported 67 new COVID-19 cases, 433 cured cases, and six deaths on Sunday. Total cases: 55,686; total cured cases: 52,876; deaths: 932; active cases: 1,830.
8. Punjab reported 210 new COVID-19 cases, 236 discharges, and 12 deaths on Sunday, says Govt of Punjab. Total cases in the State rise to 1,67,219, including 1,58,482 discharges and 5,376 deaths. Active cases stand at 3,361.
9. Rajasthan reported 502 new COVID-19 cases, five deaths and 801 recoveries/discharges on Sunday. Total cases: 3,09,821; death toll: 2,710; total recoveries/discharges: 2,98,620; active cases: 8,491.
10. Mumbai reported 581 new COVID-19 cases, 697 recoveries/discharges and three deaths on Sunday. Total cases have climbed to 2,95,240, including 2,75,464 recoveries/discharges and 11,135 deaths. Active cases stand at 7,771.
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram