The overall number of global coronavirus cases has crossed the 73.43-million mark, while the deaths have increased to more than 1.63 million, according to Johns Hopkins University data.
Here are the top 10 developments this morning:
- Bangladesh reported 1,877 new COVID-19 cases and 40 more deaths, making the tally at 494,209 and the death toll at 7,129, the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) said.
- Japan confirmed 2,431 new daily COVID-19 infections, bringing the nation’s cumulative total to 184,732, not including those related to a cruise ship quarantined near Tokyo earlier this year.
- Belarus reported 1,911 new COVID-19 cases taking its total count of cases to 164,059, the country’s health ministry reported.
- Myanmar reported 1,155 more COVID-19 cases taking the total count of cases in the country to 110,667, according to a release from the Ministry of Health and Sports.
- Malaysia reported 1,772 new COVID-19 infections, the Health Ministry said, bringing the national total to 86,618.
- Denmark registered 3,337 new COVID-19 cases over the past 24 hours, bringing the nationwide tally to 113,095, said the Danish health authority on Monday.
- Kyrgyzstan reported 236 new COVID-19 cases, raising the nationwide tally to 77,910, authorities said.
- Bulgaria has confirmed 2,095 new COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours, bringing the country’s total to 181,544, according to data published by the country’s Unified Information Portal.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will be self-isolating himself for the third time without being tested positive for COVID-19.
- The overall number of global coronavirus cases has crossed the 73.43-million mark.
(With ANI inputs)