With 44,376 new COVID-19 infections in the last 24 hours, India’s total caseload climbed to 92,22,217, while the death toll mounted to 1,34,699 with 481 new deaths.
The total active cases at stand 4,44,746 and 86,42,771 people have been discharged so far with 37,816 new discharges in the last 24 hours.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
– Delhi reported 6,224 new COVID-19 cases (out of 61,381 tests), 4,943 recoveries, and 109 deaths on Tuesday, according to Delhi Health Department. Now the total cases climbed to 5,40,541, including 4,93,419 total recoveries, 38,501 active cases and 8,621 deaths.
– The Supreme Court on Tuesday sought the Centre’s response on a PIL seeking direction for fixing the maximum rate for the RT-PCR test for COVID-19 uniformly all over India.
– In a high-level meeting to review COVID-19 situation in the country, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said the government was keeping a close watch on the development of COVID-19 vaccines and assured that the vaccine for citizens will meet all necessary scientific criteria.
– Meanwhile, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal informed the PM that Delhi saw a peak of 8,600 coronavirus cases on November 10 during the third wave and since then, the number of cases as well as the positivity rate is steadily decreasing, sources said.
– West Bengal reported 3,545 new COVID-19 cases, 3,646 discharges, and 49 deaths on Tuesday, said State Health Department. The total of cases surged to 4,63,463, including 24,880 active cases, 4,30,462 and 8,121 deaths.
– Punjab reported 614 new COVID-19 cases, 439 discharges and 22 deaths o Tuesday. Total cases in the state rose to 1,47,665, including 1,36,178 recoveries and 4,653 deaths. Active cases stand at 6,834.
– Jammu and Kashmir reported 431 new COVID-19 cases, 495 recoveries, and 10 deaths; total cases – 1,07,330; active cases – 5,357 total recoveries – 1,00,322; total deaths – 1,651
– Rajasthan reported 3,314 new COVID-19 cases, 2,214 recoveries/discharges, and 19 deaths and on Tuesday, as per the State Health Department. Total cases reached 2,50,482, including 2,23,085 recoveries, 25,197 active cases and 2,200 death.
– Gujarat on Tuesday reported 1,510 new COVID-19 cases, 16 deaths and 1,286 recoveries. The state’s case tally reaches 2,00,409, including 1,82,473 recoveries and 3,892 deaths till now. Total active cases are 14,044: State Health Department