The overall number of global coronavirus cases has crossed the 53.8-million mark, while the deaths have increased to more than 1.3 million, according to Johns Hopkins University data.
Here are the top 10 developments this morning:
- South Korea reported 208 more cases of the COVID-19 as of midnight Saturday compared to 24 hours ago, raising the total number of infections to 28,546.
- The Hindu community in Pakistan’s Karachi city celebrated Diwali while following the protocols set to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
- Canada Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has warned people to follow the COVID-19 protocols as it will determine “what we get to do at Christmas”.
- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases worldwide has risen by 657,312 within the past 24 hours marking the largest daily increase since the outbreak of the pandemic, the World Health Organisation said on Saturday.
- Turkey saw a new record of daily coronavirus infections on Saturday, with the number of people who tested positive soaring by 3,116, official figures showed.
- Bangladesh on Saturday recorded 14 COVID-19 deaths in the last 24 hours.
- The COVID-19 cases in Indonesia rose by 5,272 within one day to 463,007, with the death toll adding by 111 to 15,148, the Health Ministry said on Saturday.
- Ukraine on Saturday registered 12,524 new cases of COVID-19, a record increase in a 24-hour period.
- Malaysia reported 1,114 new COVID-19 infections, the Health Ministry said on Saturday, bringing the national total to 46,209.
- The Philippines’ Department of Health (DOH) on Saturday reported 1,650 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 infection, bringing the total number in the country to 406,337.
(With ANI inputs)