Tejashwi Yadav, who is the Leader of Opposition in the Bihar assembly is holding the reins of RJD in the absence of his father Lalu Prasad.
Here are some lesser-known facts
1. Tejashwi Yadav was born in Gopalganj, to Rabri Devi and Lalu Prasad Yadav, both of whom were members of the Bihar Legislative Assembly and later became the Chief Ministers of Bihar.
2. Another fact that most do not know is the leader once played cricket–professionally. Talking about IPL, Tejashwi Yadav was in the Delhi Daredevils squad for four seasons (2008-12), but he never got a chance in the playing XI of the team.
3. Since 2010, while still pursuing his cricket career, Tejashwi had begun campaigning for the Rashtriya Janata Dal. Following his advent into politics, he was credited for successfully modernising campaigning strategies and initiating digital outreach for the party.
4. Until 2015, his political activity was limited to just accompanying his mother Rabri Devi to political rallies. After his cricketing career failed to take off, he entered politics.
5. In the 2015 Bihar Legislative Assembly election, Tejashwi stood as the candidate of the Mahagathbandan (Grand Alliance) from both the Raghopur was elected as the representative of the constituency.
6. The election also resulted in an overwhelming majority for the alliance in the assembly, which led to Tejashwi being appointed as the Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar and received the portfolios of public works, forestry, and the environment in the 5th Nitish Kumar cabinet.
7. After the elections (2015), Tejashwi was sworn in as the deputy chief minister of Bihar and given key portfolios like road construction and building.
8. In 2017, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) filed a case and the Enforcement Directorate (ED) launched a probe in relation to money laundering in a 2004 corruption case involving the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation, against Tejashwi and other members of his family including his parents Rabri Devi and Lalu Prasad Yadav. This caused Nitish Kumar to pull the Janata Dal (United), out of the alliance and form a new government along with the Bharatiya Janata Party.
9. By March 2018, Tejashwi had become the de facto leader of the Rashtriya Janata Dal.
10. During his term as the leader of the opposition, Tejashwi later became involved in organising food relief in the aftermath of the 2019 Bihar floods.
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram